Our partners are leading national disability leaders who lend their expertise to support the HCBS Business Acumen Center. Our partners include:
- National Council on Independent Living (NCIL)
- American Network of Community Options and Resources (ANCOR)
- American Association on Health and Disability (AAHD)
- National Disability Rights Network (NDRN)
- University of Minnesota
- National Council on Aging (NCOA)
- National Association of State Directors of Developmental Disabilities Services (NASDDDS)
- Administration for Community Living (ACL)
ADvancing States represents the nation’s 56 state and territorial agencies on aging and disabilities and supports visionary state leadership, the advancement of state systems innovation and the articulation of national policies that support long-term services and supports for older adults and individuals with disabilities.
On October 1, 2016, the Administration for Community Living announced that ADvancing States was awarded the HCBS Business Acumen Center. This is a resource center for community-based organizations (CBOs) that serve individuals with disabilities. Our resource center promotes the development of business relationships between health plans and other integrated health services and disability community-based organizations. This 3-year grant supports training, technical assistance, the distribution of promising practices and resources, and a learning collaborative for disability organizations that want to cement their role in a changing long-term services and supports delivery system.