State Team Members
- Jennifer Eastman, Director of Community Living Policy at the MD Department of Disabilities, is serving as the team lead. Ms. Eastman is working in conjunction with the MD Association of Centers for Independent Living (MACIL), a collaboration among MD’s seven CILs throughout the state. Katie Collins-Ihrke, Executive Director of Accessible Resources for Independence, is serving as the main point of contact for MACIL.
Achievements & Successes, as of January 2018
- Two CILs have partnered with their local Aging and Disability Resource Center to serve a valuable role in the Hospital to Home Transition Program.
- Have determined the most advantageous partnership opportunity with healthcare entities within MD’s unique Total Cost of Care Model roll-out.
- Scheduled a meeting with a leading Managed Care Organization in the state to discuss partnership opportunities and available resources.
Lessons Learned, as of January 2018
- Leverage your contacts
- Be visible- attend conferences, join Local Health Improvement Coalitions, introduce yourself and your CIL to others
- Need to develop script/talking points to respond to people’s assumptions about CIL services being provided at no cost
Do you have questions for the Maryland state team? Please email your questions to email@example.com.